Thursday 29 January 2015

COVERS THAT NEVER WERE: VOLUME 2

Here's the cover to my second volume of cover recreations. I should receive the proof any day now so I should, if all goes well, have copies for sale at LSCC in March. The book will be bigger than volume one, comic book size, and be printed on better paper too, whiter and should therefore show the art more clearly. That's the theory anyhow.


There was a little cropping of the image to fit the dimensions of the template for printing. But I think it came out pretty well. A lot of thanks to Russ Payne...he managed to get rid of the irksome barcode the publishing house kept adding to the back cover. If not for him I would have thrown the laptop out of the window.


 This is what the cover looked like before text was added specifically for the book.


And here's the cover art in a little more detail.


This was going to be the alternate, or variant cover...but I've run out of time! I may use it for something else instead!


I was pretty pleased with the way the colouring worked out on Supergirl in this piece...

No comments:

Post a Comment